1. Definition and importance of officiating.
2. Principles of officiating.
3. Duties an official
1. Qualities of a good official.
2. Suggestion for improving the standard of officiating
3. Officials for athletics and other major games and their responsibilities
1. Meaning and definition of coaching.
2. Importance of coaching
3. Principles of coaching
4. Qualities of a good coach
5. Duties of a coach
1. Meaning and definition of training
2. Types of training
3. Principles of sports training
4. Factors affecting training
1. Demonstration and analysis of skills.
2. Criteria of Selection of players.
3. Principles of offence and defence.
4. Training schedules.
5. Requisites of a champion
1. Dr. P.D. Sharma: Officiating and Coaching, A.P. Publishers, 19, Books, Market, Chowk Adda, Jalendher.
2. Singh Hardayal – Sports Training General Theory and Practice NSNIS Publication Patiala, 1984.
1. Clair Bee and Ken Norton: The Science of Coaching: Second Edition, The Ronald Press Company, New York 1959.
2. James B. Bonder: How to Be successful Coach, Prentice Hall, INC, Englewood Cluffs N.J.